WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
The Cult Creed entity responsible for the processing of your personal data will depend on how you interact with our Site and where you are located in the world.
The relevant Cult Creed affiliate(s) and Cult Creed Limited. are referred to as “Cult Creed” or “we”.
WHAT Personal Data We Collect and WHEN
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or interact with our Site. This personal data includes your:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and physical address
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID
- Personal details including gender and date of birth
- Payment or credit card information
- Images, photos and videos
- Data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, and body measurements (such as estimated stride and shoe/foot measurements or bra size)
- Personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preference
When interacting with our Site data is automatically collected and shared with Cult Creed by the technology platforms providing the experience. For example your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with Cult Creed as those devices interact with Cult Creed’s Site. More information about these practices is included in the Cookies and Pixel Tags section below. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags
Tools to Manage What We Collect
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY and HOW We Use (Process) Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Site and Services You Request
When you use our Site, we will use your data to provide the product or service you have selected. For example, if you make a purchase on www.cultcreed.com, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Site and services you may need to provide Cult Creed with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you create a Cult Creed user account, we may use the information you provide as well as information from other Cult Creed sources, such as your use of Cult Creed’s Site, your participation in Cult Creed events and contests (possibly through other Nike affiliates) to send you personalized communications on products and services that may be interesting for you.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We may use the data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we may use that information for accounting, auditing and other internal functions. As another example, we may use data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Site to understand customer behaviour or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to www.cultcreed.com search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organise and present product offerings.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Cult Creed’s Sharing
Cult Creed shares your personal data with:
- Cult Creed affiliates for the purposes outlined above
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Cult Creed’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems.
- International data transfers: The personal data we collect or generate (process) in the context of our Site will be stored in the United Kingdom.
Some of the data recipients with whom Cult Creed shares your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, including the UK, we will protect that information as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we take measures to comply with applicable legal requirements and ensure adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland.
- Retention of your data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
- Your rights related to your personal data: You have the right to withdraw your consent with respect to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your data and to modification or deletion, in the event your data as stored by us are incorrect or otherwise unlawful.
To modify your (email or sms) subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving Cult Creed communication, please modify your preferences in the "view or change my profile" section of our Site. You can also contact us to exercise your rights of access, modification and deletion or to object to the processing of your personal data via the contact details in the “Contact Us” section.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Cult Creed receives and records information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behaviour, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Site through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies. More information on the identity of these third parties and their privacy policies is provided below.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through www.cultcreed.com or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Site more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our Site. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes. This Policy was last modified in December 2017.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
We welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our Policy and privacy practices. If you wish to provide any feedback or if you have questions or concerns, please contact Consumer Services/Privacy at Cult Creed Limited, 75 New Hall Lane, Bolton, BL1 5LF or contact us through our "Contact Us" page.